Highlights Of The Agha Sydney Gift Fair 2020
The AGHA is the OG of trade fairs in the homewares industry and each year it just gets bigger and better. On Friday 21st of February 2020, the AGHA opened its door with over 200 exhibitors and ran for 4 days under the Dome at Sydney Olympic Park. Perhaps our teams favourite time of the year, where we buckle down and pack all our stock ( over 6,000 pieces) into 6 crates and truck it down to Sydney Olympic Park.
For us, the AGHA Trade Fair is more than just a trade show, itâ€™s our opportunity to meet your wonderful retailers and really get a sense into their styles and stores. It's a chance to put a face to the name and be inspired by the industry leader. With premium brands, new exhibitors joining each year and masterclasses with experts you are sure to discover thousands of new products and ideas to elevate your spaces!
Quick Tips to get the most of the AGHA Sydney Gift Fair 2020!
- +Plan your day- the fair is huge and with over 200 exhibitors it can get overwhelming! Check the directory of exhibitors and mark who your priorities are! Map out your route and be ready to get inspired!
- +Wear comfy shoes- You will be doing A LOT of walking! Save your feet and wear comfy shoes.
- +Bring cash and an extra bag- A lot of exhibitors allow you to buy stock off the stand at the end of the fair. You will pay wholesale prices but will need cash.
- +Arrive early- The crowds come in thick just before lunch, arriving early allows you to wander around with fewer people and interruptions.
Lavida Stand IS3
This February we saw the Lavida stand grow even bigger and better. We started our set up on the Monday prior to the fair opening, but in reality, we have been prepping for months. There is a lot of work that goes into making a successful stand at the Trade Fair with all team members putting in a lot of effort to do their part. Behind the scenes, we are planning, painting, marketing, developing new products and carefully packing lots of stock into crates so we can put on an amazing display!
For 2020, the Sydney Gift Fair has been re-invented to offer more opportunities and education than ever before. Expert-led sessions were scheduled through the 4 days to bring you beneficial masterclasses as well as panel discussions! The scheduled included;
- Getting your brand in the media hosted by Jen Bishop, founder of Interiors Addict
- Fair Work 101: HR & Employment Law hosted by Charles Watson
- Visual Merchandising hosted by Strategic VM & Retail expert and Co-founder of TalkShop, Sarah Quinn
- Ten ways to get on Google for free hosted by Business Connect Advisor Jane Tweedy
- How to use a Gift Fair to style your next project â€“ a Masterplan for stylists and interior designers hosted by Natalee Bowen, and;
- The Australian Advantage, hosted by Chief Executive of Australian Made Campaign Limited, Ben Lazzaro.
Australian Made Pavilion
The AGHA has partnered with Australian Made and Buy from the Bush campaigns to shine a spotlight on home-grown innovations and locally made products. They showcased a variety of homewares, skincare, gourmet produce and art!
With many Australian communities in regional towns doing it tough after the drought and fires, this was a perfect opportunity to support local business owners!